Allied Networks Backup Eliminates the Pain, Hassle and Worry of Data Backup, Storage and Recovery
Computers are the default storage medium for most businesses. Because portable media is quickly becoming an outdated and expensive method for safeguarding important data it is essential to secure critical business assets and information with an easy-to-use, automated, online backup service. The Allied Networks backup, archiving and recovery service is a powerful, yet easy to use solution. Allied Networks Backup comes equipped with encryption backup tools previously available only to Fortune 500 companies, but with an interface designed to be used by anyone in any size organization. This proven technology is user-friendly, reliable, secure and cost-effective.
Security and Redundancy...Automated
With Allied Networks Backup, all backed up data is automatically transmitted to two off-site, geographically-dispersed, data centers via a secure Internet channel. If you currently store backups on portable media such as tapes or disks, our online method would prevent the loss of data in the event of a natural or man-made disaster such as fi re or theft. If you do bring portable media backups off-site, our solution eliminates the hassle of having to physically transport backup media to another facility.
Key Features and Benefits:
- Automatic - Backups begin automatically according to a user definable schedule.
- Off-Site - All backups are sent to Allied Networks’ servers in secure off-site locations.
- Custom Schedules - Backups can be scheduled to run as often as you would like.
- Scalable - Allied Networks Backup scales with you. You will not have the expense of new hardware when your storage needs grow.
- Unlimited Backup Sets - Create multiple backup sets each with their own schedule and retention setting.
- Restore Files 24/7 - Get back a single file or recover your entire system whenever you need.
- Continuous Data Protection (CDP) - Allied Networks Backup allows users to set CDP to automatically send changes every 15 minutes.
- Manage Multiple Backup Installations from one computer on your network.
- Complimentary Initial Seeding Feature – Ship us your external hard drive for faster uploads (for storage over 50GB)
Allied Networks Backup is a secure online data backup service which encrypts each file using 256 bit AES encryption technology. Only you will have access to this encryption key. It will never be transmitted over the Internet and it is never stored on our servers. This means that only you can access your online backup files. Each file that you backup is encrypted using this key and remains encrypted until you restore it and it returns to your computer.
In addition, the software communicates with the backup servers using SSL (Secure Socket Layers) technology. This is the same encryption technology used by Internet browsers when a user enters a secured site such as an online bank. As a result, the online backup of data is encrypted twice. It is encrypted at all times using the 256 bit AES encryption, and it is encrypted again while it’s being sent over the Internet.
Your data is stored (in encrypted form) in two, Tier-4, SAS70 Type 2 certified, online data backup centers, located 500 miles apart. Each data center has 24/7 monitoring and advanced security measures such as biometric controlled access as well as backup generators and redundant connections to the Internet.
- 256-bit AES Encryption - Files are encrypted using a unique 256-bit AES encryption key known only to the user.
- 128-bit SSL Transmission - Files are transmitted to our servers over a 128-bit SSL connection.
- Detailed Logs & Reports - Allied Networks Backup maintains detailed logs and provides a robust reporting system to view them.
- Email Notifications - Automatically get notified when a backup completes.
- Intelligent Backup Technology - Only the blocks of data that have changed need to be uploaded to our servers.
- Open & Locked File Support - Seamlessly backup files while they are open and in use.
- Multiple Revisions - Choose to keep as many versions of older files as you are required to.
- Large File Support - Backup files of any size including multi-gigabyte files.
- Command Line Interface - Use the full suite of features from the command line.
- Mapped Drive Support - Backup multiple computers from one Allied Networks Backup installation.
- Bandwidth Throttling - Limit the amount of bandwidth used for backups according to your schedule.
- MS Exchange Plugin - Backup a live MS Exchange Server. Restore the entire database or select individual messages.
- Before/After/During Plugin – Allied Networks Backup can perform actions and run scripts before, after or during a backup
- MS SQL Plugin - Backup MS SQL Server databases.