Allied wants to work with you as a technology Partner and our goal is getting you and your people a better understanding of what you have in place and how we can help you optimize it and make it work more efficiently and with less cost. HIPAA Compliance is a major part of our Audit Process and we have found after many audits that it is more important to have each firm understand the basic needs and expand on it.
Our goal is to do the below in a timely manner normally it takes about 30 hours to do this audit at a typical medical firm. Some of this work will be contacting your outside vendors to confirm certain things and it SHOULD require your involvement when getting this information. There will be a need for us to be on-site to go through wiring, equipment verification and basically have a start and finish to your entire Data Network.
HIPAA Security Audit:
- Conduct an accurate and thorough assessment of the potential risks and vulnerabilities to the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of EPHI (Electronic Protected Health Information) Held by the covered entity.
- Provide recommended actions to implement security measures and estimated costs to accomplish.
- Confirm outside environment (Cloud Services) have the tools available to audit your records and show security measures.
- Review your existing HIPAA Privacy procedures to see if they need to be adjusted to conform to any new or existing needs.
- Listing of permissions per user and confirm security is in place to restrict access to processes and programs when necessary.
- Confirm there are security updates in place.
- Checking to see if there is software in place detecting and reporting malicious software.
- Monitoring and reporting of login attempts from outside individuals for various reasons.
- Procedures for creating, changing and safeguarding passwords.
- Verify that there is a proper emergency plan or recommend emergency plans for incidents of complete office failure and backups.
- A working inventory of all the Data products in service and a Network Map.
The above work will be an evaluation only work order and once we have completed the above we can then give your firma quote on what we recommend you do and also on-going maintenance options.
Please contact us today so we can answer any questions and help you understand the process and how important this process